Thursday, April 1, 2010

Oh those hamstrings

I took a new route on my lunchtime run, turning left where I usually turn right, and found myself meandering up and down steep hills in the tail end of Scotts Valley. The pace was slow, the run a bit harder than I planned, but worth every step. Green fields and stormy skies that gave way to rain, running into friends along the way.
Overall run: 4 miles at 9:15 min/miles.

It was a good way to spend lunch.

Class tonight...

Skill: Miscellaneous gymnastic movements.

I picked ring dips, since I'm still trying to get them conquered.
At first I was working with a box, but then Kyle said, 'you're strong enough to do those normally' and lo and behold, I was!

Say WHAT. Yes, I could only do them in sets of 2, but I got through 20 total,
and that felt pretty danged great.

WOD:

7 rounds
7 SDHP w/ 65#
7 wall balls with 14# ball

Time: 6:45

My entire lower back completely cramped up after this workout. Kyle said my inflexibility in my hamstrings played a big roll in this misfortune. Sigh. I've really slacked off on the stretching. I still foam roll every day, but I need to make sure I stretch for a good chunk of time, every single day. It makes such a difference in how I feel both in the box and on my runs...

Hippity Hop Hop!

No comments:

Post a Comment