6 A.M. class:
Skill:
Front Squat 5 x 2
135#
(I accidentally loaded up 145# on the bar. Jason eyeballed me funny and then gently suggested I switch the plates. Heh. I really wasn't trying to be an arse. I just can't add at 6 A.M.)
WOD:
3 rounds
AMRAP in 5 minutes, with 1.5 minutes rest
3 Front Squat
5 Shoulder to Overhead
7 pullups
100m run
I started out with 85# and got 3 rounds the first set.
Halfway through the second set I had to drop down to 75#. My arms just plumb gave out.
Set 2: 2 rounds + 7 pullups
Set 3: 2 rounds + 5 pullups
I'm thinking maybe I should've gone 80# for the entire WOD. I think I might've held up better.
Oh well.
Then tonight I went for a 1.5 hour mountain bike ride. Good Elvis that was fun. We rode in from the entrance on Highway 9 up the Yukon trail to the water tanks and then up a trail called Brown Sugar and back down and around. Or maybe it was the Yukon trail to the Brown Sugar trail to the water tanks. Haha. I don't know, but it was lovely. I had to get off a couple times and run with the bike when my quads gave out, my legs were shot before we even started, but oh my gato I had fun. It was overcast and quiet and beautiful, there were parts of the trail that felt like wonderland. I even made it over a few medium sized logs. When we got to the water tanks my friend said, "you've ridden to the top of UCSC on your road bike haven't you?", to which I replied, "yes, but this seemed a lot harder." He laughed and told me that I had just climbed the same elevation in half the distance. I was actually a bit astounded. I'm glad I didn't know what I was in for before we started. I don't think I would've believed that I could do it...
Hop hop hop. Life is FUN these days.
No comments:
Post a Comment