Wednesday, April 7, 2010

6 A.M. Hop hop hop!

I freakin' love the 6 A.M. class.

Skill:

5 x 5 Backsquat
with
5 x 5 Weighted pullups (I worked deadhang)

I hadn't done backsquats since 3/17 (knee issues), so I talked to Sam and Jason and started back slowly. Jason suggested I add weight in a progression and see how the knee felt along the way.
Thus, I warmed up and did:

103, 113, 123, 128, 128

and

3, 3, 5, 5, 5 (last 3 sets with the red band after my arms gave out)

138 was my last successful 5 x 5, so 128 seemed a decent place to stop. With the run coming up this weekend I didn't want to completely toast my legs or worry about making my knee grumpy. I tried to focus on good form and breathing.

WOD:

10 rounds, on the minute:

3 heavy shoulders to overhead (83#)
15 airsquats (changed to 10 after 3 rounds, we were havin' a hard time finishing everything in one minute)
1 sprint to the wall and back

Side note: I need to work on my wrist flexibility. Anyone know any good stretches?

2 comments:

  1. I know 2 good ones you could try. Ask me next time your in class

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to back squat, Emily!

    ReplyDelete