Wednesday, April 14, 2010

And Wednesday

I hobbled into the 6 A.M. class, sore and achy from the lunges and bike ride yesterday. Class started off well. Jason always has pullups in his warmups and I did all of mine resoundingly chest to bar (which made me really happy).

Skill:
5, 3, 2 warmup Thruster
then
1, 1, 1, 1, 1 Thruster
with
1 rope climb between each set

73, 83, 88, 93, 103

I've never done a one rep max on the Thruster before. I wasn't sure where to start, and I think I could've maybe added a few more lbs, but we ran out of time.

WOD:

3 rounds:
backwards drag - sled w/tractor tire 50 yds
sled run w/tractor tire 50 yds
10 thrusters 73#
10 burpees

Time: 12:30

I was feeling pretty badass as I was dragging that tire, but feeling pretty pathetic as I limped around the rest of the day. I had a moment where I felt downright loserlike when I saw Vero's time on the same WOD, but a little chinese food and a little perspective helped put my brain back in place. It's up to me to work as hard as I can, and then when that gives out, to work a little bit harder. I don't think I could have banged the thrusters out any faster than I did ... (although having done them this time, in theory I should be STRONGER for the next time.) I do think I could've improved on the time I spent walking from the last platform out to the sled and and the time transitioning from the sled pull to the run. I really should've picked up the pace in those areas. But even that is a lesson well-learned. No Lollygagging! So perspective, and head on straight, and back on the horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment