Sunday, April 11, 2010

10K

Amidst low expectations, on a cold and seriously blustery day, I still had a *lovely* race this morning. I went out too fast and paid for it later in the race, struggling through the entire second half, but I had Sam, Nancy and Mowgli on bikes, riding with me and cheering me on; Beth, Mia, Maddy and Kyle on the sidelines and Vero at the finish. Hello, best race ever.

With the final results in I finished 13th female overall and 4th in my age division. My time was slower than last year, but not nearly as poor as I'd expected. I finished in almost exactly the same spot (I think last year I finished 12th). I came from a much weaker running base than last year, but a much stronger CrossFit base. I think it's safe to say; Thank you CrossFit.

I'm happy with my performance overall. I'm glad I did the run and thankful I could.

4 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that it went well (even though I knew it would!) Great running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 13th place out of more than 700 women: this is awesome!!! Congratulations Emily: you rock!!!
    (From Vero)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Emily!
    You ran a fast race and I think you are amazing!
    So happy for you!
    It was great to see you run.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, awesome job this weekend! I can't wait to be your team member this May!

    ReplyDelete