Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Holy moly

6 a.m. and I think maybe Jason was trying to kill us.

Skill: Overhead squat
Heavy singles

5x45
2x70
1x85
1x100
1x115
1x130
1x140 PR Wooo hooo!

WOD:
30 pullups
(Thrusters x 15, 12, 9, 6, 3)
(OH Squats x 15, 12, 9, 6, 3)
15 pullups

(I used 65#)

Time: 13:36

My big accomplishment on this one was completing the last round of pullups in one set. My GRIP DIDN'T GIVE OUT. WOOOT! I was stoked. The rest of the WOD just bout did me in. I thought 65# was going to be too light. I was wrong. It was rough.

Samrad made it to the 6 A.M. class and I loved having him suffer next to me.

In other news; I'm not entirely certain I can feel my arms.

4 comments:

  1. Bummer, I totally should have gone this morning! But I just couldn't get out of bed that early knowing I have to get up at 4:15 tomorrow. See you both thursday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did GREAT today, Emily!!! :D
    I am SO proud of you! That was a great time on that WOD and congratulations on the PR!!! :) You've been doing great work, Emily!
    ...Myself and the rest of "Team-6" all love having you in the 6:00 am class and I love having the opportunity to work with you, Emily. & I was stoked to have Sam in there today too! :)
    Keep up the good work, E-Rad!
    PS: ...I assure you, ...I wasn't trying to kill you. ...This coming Thursday's workout on the other hand..... ;) ...lol, ...j/k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you trying to scare me away from 6am?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna, I think Thursday is going to be a rest day. Dangit!

    Jason, thank you so much for your comment! I love your 6 a.m. class, even when it kicks my arse! That said, could you maybe not kill me today? Heh. xo.

    ReplyDelete