Monday, April 26, 2010

MONDAY

I couldn't get out of the bed for the 6 a.m. Set the alarm and everything, just.couldn't.get.up.

Lunchtime at the park, on the grass:
Run 1 mile warmup (9:20 min)
Rest 3 minutes
Sprint 100M
1 burpee
Sprint 100M
2 burpees
Sprint 100M
3 burpees
Sprint 100M
4 burpees
Sprint 100M
5 burpees
Time: 2:45
Rest 2 minutes
5 burpees
25 walking lunges
4 burpees
20 walking lunges
3 burpees
15 walking lunges
2 burpees
10 walking lunges
1 burpee
5 walking lunges
Sprint 100M
The timer on my iPod malfunctioned on this one (or perhaps *I* malfunctioned). Either way, I've no idea how long it took.

Then after work:
2 hour Mountain bike ride from the Rincon lot on Hwy 9 to Empire Grade and back.
The climb was hard, but I think I did it faster than last week. I biffed it pretty hard over a log (the first time I actually went face-first, all the way down, bike landing on top of me). I'm gonna have some pretty pretty bruises from that one. We ran into...maybe 7 bikers total in the two hours we were out. Four of them? Right when I fell. Had the wind knocked out of me and then I started laughing so hard I was rolling. Oh my. I got that log on the way back, though. Flew right over that little brat. And I got my first tumble out of the way, so that's something. It's so freakin beautiful up there and I was riding the demo bike, a Yeti ASR 575, blinged out with Easton wheels and components...SO far beyond anything I could ever afford and SOOOOO nice. HEAVEN. (Bruises and all.)

A pic from camp this weekend:
Photo: Springbok Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment