Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tuesday Night

Skill:

Front squat
3, 3, 3, 3, 3
88, 98, 108, 118, 128 PR

I bumped up five lbs from the last time I did this on 3/2, so that's nice.

WOD:
500m row
30 burpees
10 shoulder to overhead (started out with 93#, but had to drop down to 88 on the 3rd rep)

Time: 8:08

This WOD gave me the giggles. The first time I lifted the barbell, I couldn't even hold it. I failed so miserably on the 93# push jerks, the only thing I could do was laugh. Well...laugh and take five lbs off the bar. Still, I finished it, and that's always something.

It's Thursday today and I'm waiting for this heat to break so I can get my track workout in. My running has been super slow and sluggish lately, to the extent that I'm wondering if trying to match my PR from last years 10K is a bit overzealous. I suppose only time will tell...in the meantime, I'm enjoying CrossFit, enjoying my job, getting my runs in and riding my bike.

I LOVE THIS WEATHER!

1 comment:

  1. It was a truly fantastic feeling to try to lift that bar. Made me feel super un-coordinated!

    I so love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete