Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Open Gym

I headed into the box for open gym today to get in the 5x5 Backsquat that I missed yesterday.


Backsquat 5x5:
138, 138, 138, 138, 138

I was supposed to hit 140, but I've been having such a hard time making
the 5 lb jumps that I just went with 138#...a good thing too since I barely finished the last set.

I jumped on the pullup bar after and decided to just see how many I could do...
I made it to 22, which is 3 more than at the start of the Paleo challenge, so that was nice.

I also worked on my ring dips a bit (and by ring dips, I mean "attempted" ring dips). Jocelyn showed me a new drill to babystep my way closer. ONE DAY I WILL CONQUER THESE. Yargh!

The sun is shining, it's been a nice day, my knee hurts, but I've still got 6 miles to run...

Hop hop hop.

1 comment:

  1. It kind of sounds like my day today but in reverse. I had a 10k race this morning and then came in and did my backsquats right before you got there. The ring dips will come. I finally got 1 this week, so the drills are helping slowly.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete