I have a secret obsession with Lance Armstrong.
I lie.
I have a well-known obsession with Lance Armstrong. I stood on a curb for hours last year, waiting patiently for the Amgen tour to go by so that I could catch a 12-second glimpse of him. HE RODE INCHES FROM MY FACE. I was high for a week.
Last summer I was perusing i-Tunes for some good pre-determined running mixes. (I get tired of listening to the same stuff over and over again, and it's always nice to just pop something in and know that the entire mix will be upbeat and ready to go.) In the midst of this search I found a file entitled something like, "Run your best 10K with Lance Armstrong."
Yes, I bought it.
I mention this because I had a track workout scheduled for yesterday afternoon. It was hot. I was tired. It was my 3rd day of training in a row. I grabbed Lance and headed up to the UCSC track, where I ran 4 minutes intervals to some wonderfully crappy pop music and listened to Lance say things like, "Just three minutes left!" and "don't worry if you're struggling, this isn't supposed to be easy!", or...my personal favorite... "remember! Pain is temporary, but quitting lasts forever!"....ahahahaha. Soooo wonderfully lame.
I loved every minute of it.
With warmup and cooldown, I ran 4.5 miles, 4 x 4 minute intervals, with 4 minutes of easy running/rest between each set.
And yes, I know, my geek is strong.
No comments:
Post a Comment