Monday, March 22, 2010

Sunday and Monday

Sundays 6-miler, out and around Long Marine Lab, back through the Natural Bridges trails and down West Cliff home. 8:56 min/miles and the pace felt felt fluid and relaxed.

Epically failed at CrossFit today. Trashed legs, hurt knee, skipped lunch, tired brain. I couldn't even lift the bar to do the back squats. I tried 3x and then called it a day.

It's a fine line for me, sometimes, deciding when I should tough something out, or let something go. Today I fell on the side that said, "listen to your body. It's toast."

Food, ice, rest, and probably...some Coconut Bliss.

3 comments:

  1. my backsquats were blahh today too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Em, you did 2 sets and the second looked stronger than the first. But, I agree, listen to your body. The way you fell asleep and drooled on the couch later showed that you were really beat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sam, the 2nd looked stronger because i took a bunch of weight off. haha. but i like your optimism.
    calling it a night was the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete