Mia and I pulled ourselves out of bed at 6:45 on a Sunday morning to drive out to La Selva and go swimming with Nancy.
I learned to swim just about a year and a half ago (although I haven't been in a pool since they closed Harvey West). In other words; I'm still very much a beginner and was a bit nervous (although very excited!) about getting back in the pool.
It was wonderful. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. I forgot how soothing swimming can be. My upper body felt so stretched out and my legs were noticeably less sore when I climbed out of the water. I can still only swim one length of the pool without stopping to rest, but I felt stronger swimming today than I ever have before.
CrossFit anyone? (It's almost like this stuff works.)
The best part, without question, was spending the entire morning with Nancy and Mia.
Swimming and hot tubs and sauna and coffee and pancakes and omelettes. Sam and Mowgli too.
It's a good life.
and i'm excited to put the goal of someday completing a triathalon back on my list...
Nancy is awesome!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the swimming. That is a great accomplishment!!!