Monday, February 1, 2010

beat

I can't remember the last time I was this tired.

Class tonight:
5 x 5 Back Squat

I stairstepped since I had no idea where to start, having never done a 5 rep max for the Back squat before, thus

63#, 83#, 103#, 123#, 123#

I had an especially hard time tonight finding the right place for the bar, I even dumped it once when I set it too low on my back and couldn't keep my hold. Just an off day I guess. When I did the max back squat a few weeks ago it felt lovely. Tonight, every single squat felt off.

WOD:

3 rounds:
8 boxjumps (20# box)
6 push jerks (68#)
5 pullups
3 KB swings (35#)

repeat the entire workout 3 times, with 2 minutes rest between each overall set

time: 18:02 (4:14, 10:48, 18:02) or (1st round: 4:14, 2nd: 4:34, 3rd: 6:14)

I used my new lifting shoes for the back squat.
They were appropriately satisfying.
I'm much too tired to convey proper enthusiasm.
Trust me on this one, they're GREAT.

Tomorrow is a rest day, and on that note: Goodnight Mooooon.

1 comment:

  1. Rest up, Emily!
    You are doing great. And I love your shoes.

    ReplyDelete