Monday, February 8, 2010

PR PR PR PR PR

I want STEAK!

Class tonight:

Overhead Squat 1 RM:
63, 83, 93, 103, 113, 123, 133 PR!!!

I really had no idea how I would do on this, as I haven't done any OH squats since I started back at CrossFit. I started small, but I felt pretty solid as I added the weight. Sam kept yelling, "tighten up!" and I kept thinking of something Jocelyn said in class a few weeks ago. I can't remember what movement we were doing, but she was talking about really clenching your fists, as it sends a signal to the brain to tighten the entire body. I clenched the hell out of that bar tonight, I tell you what, and it really seemed to make a difference. My spankin new lifting shoes probably didn't hurt either! (Dear shoes: I love you.)

I love 1RM max nights. It's so awesome watching everyone give it their all.

WOD:
4 rounds
1 gasser
5 Hang Power Cleans (83#)
1 minute rest

time: 8:54

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Emily!!
    133# OHS is FANTASTIC!
    It is also more than clenching and shoes--it is your determination and strength.
    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete