Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bench

Skill:

Bench Press (say WHAT)
33x3
43x3
63x3
83x3
93x3

I’ve never bench pressed in my life. Nor did I ever plan to. In fact, when I saw it as the strength programming for the day I tried to talk my way out of it. However, coach said, “do it” and so I did it. It felt silly and absurd. (I liked it.)

Also:
Strict Press
3x5
63#
The strict press always makes my shoulders feel crunchy. I really do want to build that strength overhead, though, and so baby steps it is.

WOD:
5 rounds
100m sprint
5 Power Cleans (88#)
100 m sprint
3 high box jumps
Time: 10:37

Holy cow those cleans were hard, especially after the WOD from the day before. I loved having Melissa in this class, because she really set a pace for me. She was throwing around a lot more weight than me, but I still wanted to catch her. It’s good for me to learn how to move the weight around faster. I think I spend too much time during the WOD’s thinking about each and every movement… (For the record: I never caught Melissa…but I did close the gap...)

No comments:

Post a Comment