Monday, February 8, 2010

slam ball

I got hit in the face with a head cold on Thursday and I've been dragging ever since.

I got myself into the box for open gym at the tail end of Sunday and had Sam run me through a WOD. I asked for something not too difficult and sans running (since bouncing around makes my sloshy head even sloshier). He gave me the following:

7 rounds:
7 slam ball
7 KB swings 35#
7 calorie row sprint.

He talked me into the 25lb slam ball. I shouldn't have agreed. Mid-slam on round 2 I dropped the ball on my head. Hard. My arms just gave out.

Sigh.

So I dropped down to the 20lb ball and finished the workout in just over 11 minutes.

It sucked. Although kudos to Sam for refraining from laughing. I don't think I would've been able to hold back the schadenfreude had the tables been turned.

I probably should've rested another day, but I was afraid of staying away too long and losing my momentum.

Yargh.

Here's to hoping tonight is better.

Exes and Ohs.

1 comment:

  1. It was easy to not laugh. I have a finely honed sense of self preservation.

    ReplyDelete