We worked the 5 x 5 Back Squat again today:
5 x 5 x 128 lbs
I bumped up 5 lbs from the last time we did the 5 x 5 (2/1)
completing all sets (though just barely) at 128#.
I really struggled on the last two reps of the last two sets,
and I thought about taking weight off the bar, but Kyle just said,
"Get cocky!", which I keep translating in my mind to, "Get COFFEE!"
Which seems to motivate me just fine.
I'm also trying to do a high bar squat, since I feel stabler when I'm a little
more upright. I've always done a low bar back squat, so it feels a little wonky, but I think I like the high position better, overall. Have to keep remembering to "lead with my chest!" Peacock squat, man.
My legs felt TRASHED after that last set,
but at least I know I gave it everything.
WOD:
21, 18, 15, 12, 9, 6, 3
KB Swings (35#)
Pushups
Box jump (20")
Time: 11:21
The WOD was a rough one for me as I struggle with both box jumps and pushups, but the only way to get better at them is to do them, so for that I'm grateful. I've decided to ONLY do boxjumps (as opposed to step-ups), even if it slows me WAY down. In the past I've suckered out and gone to stepups when box jumps got too hard, but (surprise) even though I finish the WOD faster, I sure haven't improved my box jumps. I want to be able to string them together! I had to break the pushups into sets of two by the end of the 15s and sets of 1s towards the end of the 9 and 6...but that's okay...it'll get better bit by bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment