Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Skill:

15 x 1 Deadlift (60% of 1 RM) every 30 seconds.

My weight: 110#

Kyle said this was supposed to feel light, and it did. The idea was to explode the weight off the ground. I’m not sure if I was doing it right, but since the WOD knocked me out, I was grateful that the skill felt "easy".

WOD:
3 rounds
30 walking lunges w/25# plate overhead
20 KB Swings (35#)
10 burpees
Time: 9:20

I really liked this WOD. (In retrospect.) In the midst of it I kept saying things like, ‘holy mother of god’ and dropping the overhead weight. But it was a good WOD. It got me. I fell in love with it once it was done. I’m gonna be SORE tomorrow.

My food consumption seems to still be off. I’m hungry all day and eating fistfuls of nuts (directly related, I’m sure, to the weight I keep putting on). I’m going to keep a food journal for a week and turn it into Kyle and see what we can fix. I feel great, other than the added size, but I’m really not interested in bulking up too too much. I recognize that I've got to give up my obsession with the scale (and I have...mostly), but I'm not really excited to outgrow my clothes, either. There’s got to be a happy medium somewhere in there...

No comments:

Post a Comment