Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Rest Day

Perusing more "paleo" muffin recipes...can't say I'm finding anything even mildly appealing, but I refuse to give up hope.

I'm nearing a month of mostly-Paleo (a huge overindulgence on Jan 11th convinced me to go back to the Paleo diet), and just about 3 weeks of strict Paleo (without dairy).

I'm feeling pretty great overall, although I'm still eating too much fruit and too many nuts. I justify this to myself for two reasons: 1. any fruit and/or nuts I put into my mouth is infinitely superior to the multitude of Skor bars and Poptarts I subsisted on for the previous several months and 2. I'm not quite ready to get so strict as to dial in the finer details of the Paleo.

However, as I AM gaining weight, I do suppose the time will come soon when I need to look a little more carefully at the combination of foods I eat. Thus far, I like the food I'm eating, and I'm decidedly less squishier--even if my weight and size haven't changed. I know that I feel better when my ratio of vegetables to fruit weighs much heavier on the veggie side and I am making a more concerted effort to cook large batches of veggies at night so that I have easy left-overs to get me through the day.

It's a process, all of this, but one I am enjoying...

(And on a related note: can I get a final answer from someone regarding sweet potatoes? Good? Bad? Small amounts? Moderation?...)

(And on an unrelated note: Holy MOLY my legs are SORE!)

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Potatoes in moderation, best enjoyed post workout :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean deep fried with rosemary and a pint of beer?

    ReplyDelete