Monday, February 22, 2010

YARGH the Snatch

Skill:

Front Squat 8 x 2
115, 115, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120

These felt pretty great tonight. I haven't done a 1RM for the Front Squat since I've been back, so I wasn't quite sure where to start. My old 1RM was 138#, but that was ages ago, so I was pretty happy with the 120 for 2.

WOD:
10 rounds, on the minute:
1 Snatch
5 Pushups (I did pylo)
1 Sprint

My form felt really wonky on the snatch, so I started out with just 53#. I got a better feeling for the movement after we got going, so I bumped up to 58# and then finally to 63# for the last 6. The times when I hit the lift semi-correctly it felt like heaven. The rest of the time it felt like I was going to fall on my face, or my arse (I do think I perfected my donkey-kick, though). I wasn't nearly tired enough after this WOD, which means I must not have been hitting it hard enough...hmmmmmm...I hate to say it, but I think maybe I should've thrown some burpees in...

No comments:

Post a Comment