Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Those Bulgarians

After one of the crappiest days on record, and an honest consideration of skipping class, I decided that it'd be better for me to get my a** to class than to stay home and mope.

It was a good class. I was introduced to the Bulgarian Split squat. When Jocelyn demonstrated it, it looked soooo easy. Hah! Double-Hah! I boldly asked how much weight we should be putting on the bar--before realizing that just squatting with the bar itself without falling over was an accomplishment. Ohhhh, I'm gonna be sore tomorrow. Rope climbs between each set of 5 and I was BEAT.

Some sort of speed race drill followed which involved touching orange cones
and sprinting back and forth against someone, time after time, until a 10 minute clock ran out.
I can't remember the name of the drill, although it had one. Mostly I remember thinking, "gee, I hope I don't fall on my face on the turn, and gee, I probably shouldn't have drank all that water after the rope climbs..."

Good times.

WOD tonight:
4 rounds
200 m run
7 SDHP (53#)
7 K 2 E

Time: 7:09

I probably could've gone a little heavier on the SDHP, but I'm still figuring out weights for everything.

Note for future, I had to do the Bulgarian split squats with the lowest box (no flexibility here!) and an empty women's bar...
...Hey man, at least there's room for improvement, huh?...

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! It makes me smile every time!

    ReplyDelete