11 hours of sleep changes everything.
Saturday 11 A.M.
Skill: Split Jerk - Heavy sets of 2
I went super light on these, sticking with just 73# (partly because I was going to do the Paleo WOD and partly because I really just need to work on my form).
I don't know what it is about dropping under that bar, but I just have the hardest time doing it. I was watching Cliff today and his bar would sort of float above his head and he would gracefully land under it--all locked out.
I'd think, "Okay! I get it! That looks easy!" And I would visualize myself doing the jerk, and then I would go to my bar, focusing on all the things I'd just seen Cliff do and I would dip, and I would drive, and I would sort of spasmodically flail around and end up with one foot way back and one foot barely forward, and the bar only 3/4 of the way locked out.
It's really too bad. Inside my head I am an excellent split-jerker. My visualized split jerk is a thing of beauty.
Just don't ask me to demonstrate.
Moving on...Paleo WOD:
4 rounds
200M run
10 cleans (68#)
10 pushups
Time: 8:14
This was my first running WOD since I got the shin splints. It was also the first time I've ever died on the run in a WOD before. Running--when you haven't been doing it--apparently SUCKS. I remember doing this back in January--post 1/2 marathon--flying through the runs, struggling through the cleans, and dying on the pushups. Today I banged through the cleans, held steady through the pushups--and considered walking on the runs.
Still--I took 1:44 off my overall time, so I was pretty stoked.
TOMORROW! ANGIE! It's gonna be a gooder!
No comments:
Post a Comment