Sunday, May 22, 2011

I love me some CrossFit

even if (especially when?) I can't move my legs.

Um.

I've been terrible about updating.

Thursday night 6 PM:

Skill was Heavy Cleans on the minute, but my back was still strained from Diane,
so I did strict presses instead.

2 on the minute for 10 minutes @ 68#

WOD:

5 rounds
7 pullups
5 ring dips
15 squats

Time: 8:04

Friday, 6 A.M.:
Still toast, so I came in and just worked skill stuff--double unders and handstand pushups.
I got 40 double unders in a ROW. A 20 rep PR - WHEEE!

I managed 3 strict handstand pushups in a row, also a PR - (though not nearly as satisfying). Crossing all my fingers and toes that they allow kipping HSPU at the Regionals.

Saturday - Team WODs

We did a couple of the upcoming Regional WODs with CrossFit West, and boy were they rough.

WOD #1

20 cal row
30 burpees
30 ground-to-overhead DB w/ 25#
30 Toes to Bar
100FT Overhead walking lunge (25#)
Sprint

Each team member must finish all stations. No athlete can begin their next station until the athlete ahead of them is clear from that station. This was MUCH more difficult than I expected. It really didn't seem too terrible on paper. But the DB ground-to-overhead just TOASTED me. I could barely grip the bar for the Toes to Bars.

Time: I think we finished in 18 minutes + change.

WOD #2

6 passes Prowler Push (160#)
250 Pullups
250 KB swings (53, 35)
6 passes Prowler Push (160#)
250 Double unders
250 Overhead Squats (95, 65)
6 passes Prowler Push (160#)

2 Team members may work at any given time.

Then w/ a 10 minute running clock, each member finds their 1RM Thruster.

I actually liked this WOD (with the exception of the Prowler pushes--I refuse to like Prowler pushes). I was stoked to get sets of 20 for the double unders. I finished the Thruster @ 105 (which was 20 lbs LESS than the next female in line), but was still a PR for me--so once again, WHEE!


Saturday night Strength and Endurance WOD:

Steak, sausages and margaritas. No time limit. focus on quantity.

I'm pretty sure I won this WOD.

Sunday Open Gym:
Muscle-up skill work.

I am sad to report--after 3 years--I am.not.one.step.closer.to.getting.a.muscleup.

1 comment:

  1. You did great on the Strength and Endurance WOD on Saturday night.

    ReplyDelete