Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday Fun Day

Lunchtime at the park:

(warm sun, green grass, slight breeze, kids playing, bliss)



Warmup jog on the grass, then:
3 x 2 min rounds - Jump Rope

Mini WOD:

40 double unders
2 strict HSPU
30 double unders
2 strict HSPU
20 double unders
2 strict HSPU
10 double unders
2 strict HSPU

Time: 5:45

Rough time on the double unders today. I don't know if it was the grass, or the wind, or the fact that I was just danged beat--but I kept missing and missing and missing them.

Biked from work to CrossFit ~8 miles.

6 PM CrossFit:

1RM Hang Muscle Snatch
1RM Hang Power Snatch
1RM Hang Squat Snatch

Hang Muscle Snatch:
33, 43, 53

Hang Power Snatch
53, 73, 83

Hang Squat Snatch
83, 88, 93(F)

88# was my old (OLD) PR on a from-the-ground power snatch, so I was pretty stoked to get there on the hang today. I think I could've gotten the 93, with just a little more time. For the first time (ever?) I am excited for our next go-round on the Snatch.


WOD:
4 rounds
5 DB Snatch (35#) L and R
10 Toes to bar
then:
30 burpees

The DB Snatch with 35# wasn't nearly as terrible as I'd expected. It was terrible, yes. I didn't like it one bit--BUT I didn't like it less (double-negative, I know--it's on purpose) than I didn't like the 2 x 25# Dumbbells I used in the team WOD the other day. And that's somethin'!

And finally--I biked home from CrossFit: ~3 miles.

But more importantly, I came home to dinner, already made.

I love that long-legged man of mine.


And now: shower, ice, bed.

Goodnight, moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment