Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A case of the Wednesdays

Wednesday:

I overslept and missed the 6 A.M.

I found myself thwarted by rain for my planned noontime workout in the park.

I went shopping at Encore instead. I found a pair of jeans that fit. WIN. I had to buy jeans two sizes larger than the last time I bought jeans. Definitely not a WIN per se--but not really a fail either? I dunno. My danged quads just keep getting bigger and bigger - I'm trying to learn to embrace them.

I really like this IMBA (International Mountain Biking Association) ad:




I got off work too late for the 6 P.M. class (Or so I thought.)

My plan was to show up and practice some skills, but I found myself recruited as the last member needed for a team WOD--which actually was pretty fun, and probably would've been legitimately fun had I been even mildly warmed up.

As it was, it was pretty painful. I tried the DB push presses with 35#, but only made it through 11 reps before I realized everyone else was almost done with their rotation. I switched to the 25#s to finish it up, but it was definitely discouraging.

Team WOD:
250m Row
20 wallballs (14)
20 wallball situps (8)
20 box jumps
20 DB push presses (35, then 25)
20 KB Swings (35#)
20 pushups

We had a large class so we partnered up and each set of partners rotated from station to station. No one could rotate until all members of the class were done with the current station. It was a pretty sweet set-up and I definitely appreciated Danny pulling it together for us.

At the end of class, I did do a little bit of work with the 35 lb DBs and a little bit of work with my kipping Toes to Bar. The 35 lb DBs are just KILLIN me. I just can't seem to get them locked out overhead. They flail around all over the place. I definitely need some help figuring out what to do with these stinkin things.

No comments:

Post a Comment