Monday, February 28, 2011

Friday thru Monday

Busy, busy, busy, beat.

Friday 10 A.M. Class:

Skill: OH Squat
(There was some sort of Snatch/OH Squat routine going on, but taking the jump out of the Snatch is making my snatch even more discombobulated, so I went with a 3RM for the OH Squat instead)

63, 83, 93, 103F, 103

I lost my balance on the first 103#, which was a bummer. I wasn't concentrating enough and my midline just went all to jello. I definitely ran out of time before I ran out of steam, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

WOD:
3 rounds:
10 HP Clean (73#)
15 cal airdyne
Time: Uhm...6ish? I have it written down in my journal, but I don't have my journal with me...

Finished off with a bit of handstand practice...

Sunday: Open Gym with Jessie!
We sort of meandered around for 30 minutes, foam rolling and rowing, waiting for a space to clear. Open gym was BUSY. Then...

WOD:
500M row
21, 15, 19
DB Snatch (each arm) 20#
Pushup
500M row

Time: 10:38


then, with Sam (which is always a lovely thing),

5, 4, 3, 2, 1
C2B Pullup
Kipping Handstand pushup

and finally just a little bit of practice, working on getting a bar muscle-up. I'm not even CLOSE, but at least I have a starting point.


Monday 7 A.M.
Skill: Deadlift
Heavy singles @ approx 90% 3 x 1

I miscalculated my 90% at 193#, so I thought I was going easy on myself when I only went to 183#.

It wasn't until after that I realized that 183 IS 90% of my current 1RM. Duh.

183, 183, 183

WOD:
400M - 400M - 400M (row)
30, 20, 10 Deadlifts (113#)
30, 20, 10 Burpees

Time: 16:45

This was a rough WOD for me. I have a sneaking suspicion every muscle in my back is going to be sore tomorrow. I must say, though, that the shin splints have been forcing me to do real burpees (with a full pushup, instead of a flop) and I do believe they are actually getting easier. So that's nice.

And I'm much too tired, today, for anything else.

Oh! But I did like this article...bout time they figured these things out...

No comments:

Post a Comment