A trip over the hill this morning to help Sam get the new whiteboards up, and since I was there ANYway, I thought I might as well do the noon class.
This was my 4th day in a row. And it felt like it.
Skill:
Hang Squat Snatch
We worked a lot on high pulls. I had a rough time, as I always do with the snatch. Taking the jump out seemed to confuse me even more. Oh well, it's all good practice, I guess.
WOD:
7 rounds:
5 power cleans (75# for me)
7 burpees
10 pullups
on a 3 minute interval
then
rest an additional 2 minutes (5 minutes total)
and bang through Round 8 as fast as you can:
5 power cleans
5 burpees
10 pullups
I smashed my chin with the bar on one of the jerks and my hands tore around pullup 65, but still, it was a fun day. My shins are super cranky again and so in an attempt to avoid aggravating them I did the burpees with none of my usual jump-flailing around. Non-flailing burpees are significantly harder. And slower. Who knew? I'm not gonna lie, I missed the flailing. I like the flailing.
My fastest round was 1:18, my slowest about 1:51. Stupid Chris (don't worry-it's a term of endearment) finished each round in something like 40 seconds. With 155#. And Chest to Bar Pullups. It's just nice to have a little perspective...
No comments:
Post a Comment