Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday catch-up

It's been a busy week, somehow, with work and Miss Mia's birthday. I still can't believe she's turning 16 tomorrow. It's a dirty trick the way the being older makes you appreciate each year more and yet each year moves respectively faster. SOMEBODY SLOW THIS RIDE DOWN. I wish I had a pause button.

In other news...

Wednesday 6 A.M.:
Long warmup on the rowing machine and the Airdyne, a little bit of squat technique work and then right into the WOD:

Partner WOD with Angela:
1-5-1
Power Snatch (53#)
Burpee
C2B Pullup

One partner completes a cycle while the other one rests, then you switch.
Time: 9:45

Partner WOD #2:
1-5-1
Front Squat (63#)
HSPU (first 4 sets to the ab mat, rest done kipping)
Time: 7:00

Probably should've gone a little heavier for the front squats, but I haven't done any since I've been back and I wasn't sure where to start.

Thursday was an unintentional rest day. I usually do a longish speedwork run, but the shin splints are super cranky right now. I think I had a vague plan to go for a bike ride, but I clearly never followed through.

Friday 9 A.M.: (such a great crew in the 9 am-ers bee tee dubbs)

Skill: Deadlift (technically it was the Snatch today but again the shins are in a non-jumping mode this week)

45x7
75x3
105x1
125x1
155x1
175x1
185x1
195x1
200x1!

I was STOKED to hit 200 lbs today. This was 15 lbs off my old PR from last year and something about that nice round 200 really made me happy. I would've stopped at 185 if Andrea hadn't convinced me to keep going...feeling a little squishy I heart CFWSC as a result today.

WOD:

Airdyne/pushups:

Calories: 50,40,30,20,10 Rest 1:1 with Pushups: 25, 20, 15, 10, 5

Including rest this took me 24:11, which felt, ACTUALLY like forever. Stupid airdyne.

Then:
10 kips on bar, overhand grip
10 kips on bar, underhand grip(um, HARD!)
10 kips on bar, mixed grip
20 pancake situps

aaaannnd....splits, 1 minute each side. I'm going to get these back if it kills me. (Hopefully it won't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment