Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Monday/Tuesday

Monday backsquat day. I couldn't get out of work early enough to make it to the 6 PM class, but Sam was nice enough to meet me at the Box so I could still get my backsquats in. I've never actually completed a backsquat program and I'm curious to see how much it helps everything else I do.

Anyway, 5 lbs up from last week so:

Backsquat: 7 x 3 - 100#

Then a little gymnastics practice
5 tuck to handstand
5 straddle to handstand
5 kipping handstand pushups
5 static handstand holds
5 minutes goofing around with various other handstand stuff

and 6 AM CrossFit this morning!

Strength:
Jerk, Heavy Singles
33 x 7
63 x 3
73 x 2
83 x 1
93 x 1
103 x 1
108 x 1
113 x 1
118 x 1

These felt a little goofy, first time since I've been back that I've done a heavy Jerk. I practiced split jerks as I was warming up and then switched back to the push jerk for the heavier reps. I think 118 was pretty close to my old PR, so I was very happy to get there today.

WOD:
Run: 400 - 400 - 400 (shin splints = subbed row)
Thruster: 21 - 15- 9 (63#)
Time: 12:30

Good Elvis, this one was rough. That first set of 21 felt like it was never going to end. Still, I'm glad I did it and it was nice to be able to complete all the thrusters at 63# (even if it did take me forever)...

8:12 and it's off to work and then my first Anthro class tonight! WOOT!

1 comment: