2+ mile run! (Easy, slow) on soft (flat) trails at Henry Cowell. My shins were sort of achy afterward, but nothing like the sharp shooting pain from before. I'm just going to keep baby-steppin' my way back. Trail running is such a joy. With an ever-changing landscape, you really have no concept of how fast (or slow) you're going. You run and scramble and climb and jump. ANIMALE FEROCE! It really is the loveliest feeling in the world.
Wednesday:
My first boxing class! I'll be honest, I was completely intimidated and I almost didn't go. I arrived a few minutes early and sat on the benches, watching the other students trickle in. They were, as a class, young, fit, and male. In retrospect I'm actually glad I waited inside. I think if I had been sitting in the car, watching these boys saunter in, I would've turned around and left. And that would've been a travesty, because holy smokes, batman, that was FUN. I was the only beginner (and only female) in the class, but the instructor was amazing and the other students were unfailingly kind and supportive. It definitely reminded me of the welcoming community that CrossFit provides.
The class itself was hard. Boxing looks a lot easier than it is. The ability of boxers to make such a violent action look graceful and fluid is really just stunning. I felt like I had 2 elephant-sized left feet complemented by two spasmodically epileptic hands. The conditioning at the end of class reminded me of the sort of sadistic (x2) stuff we used to do in gymnastics.
I loved it.
I'm sore today in areas that I didn't know existed.
I love that too.
Moving along to the noon class today:
Skill: Backsquat
7 x 3 @ 115#
These felt easier than last week...? Go figure.
WOD:
500M row
30 burpees
10 shoulder to overhead (83#)
Time: 6:36
My arms were so beat and tired today that I almost opted for 73#. Nicole talked me into the 83, and in the end, I was glad she did.
I'm on the couch now. Sleepy, sore and happy.
...and staring at the doggone handsome frame of my soon-to-be-built
Santa Cruz Blur LT
i love my job
In other news, my bratty "don't mess me with me" face was apparently determined at a very young age:

No comments:
Post a Comment