Hmmm. Quick summary - boxing, jump rope, speed bag work, rest day, 1st attempt at CrossFit WOD #1, speed bag work, jump rope, rinse, repeat.
Sunday Open Gym:
Backsquats 7 x 3 @ 125#
Okay, these were officially difficult. I felt beat and slow, sluggish, off-balance. Just plain tired. I think it might be time to switch from a 5# jump to a 3# jump. I'm pretty sure we're only halfway thru the 12 week cycle, and if I keep making 5# jumps, I will be ~10 lbs over my one rep max by the end of the cycle. Seems a little wonky to me...
then...double under practice. BIG surprise. I actually managed 20 in a row (without a jump in between). For me that's a huge accomplishment. These are getting better. Slowly. Frustratingly. I really just need to work on them year-round.
And finally, the WOD:
3 rounds
10 thrusters (63#)
10 burpees
10 pullups
Time: 7:18
There's really nothing to say about this. It kicked my butt. A lot.
And finally a little finish up of hollow and plank holds, and now I am DONE.
Sunday, Funday!
BRAVO!!!!
ReplyDelete