Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturday A.M.

Grumpy kidney, sick kid and mamacita coming into town: I didn't get a lick of exercise this week. I second-guessed dragging myself to the Saturday class, but boy was I glad I did.

Backsquat 1 RM
45 x 5
75 x 3
95 x 1
125 x 1
140 x 1
150 x 1
165 x 1 PR!

Fun! This was the first PR I've had in anything in months and the biggest PR I've had in this particular stinkin' lift in a year and a half. Last April my 1RM was 153. A year later I only made it to 155. 10 lbs a year ain't a big jump, but it sure felt nice today. I've decided my new goal is to get my backsquat weight within 100 lbs of Leah's. What's that...another 10 lbs? I figure it'll only take me another year. No big whoop.

WOD:
10 Shoulder to Overhead 75#
15 broad jumps
15 pullups

Time: 7:57


I liked this WOD. I'ma gonna be sore tomorrow. I had to break the push jerks into sets of 2 for the final round, and the pullups into sets of 3 and 4, but I liked it anyway. It felt GOOD to move.

Tomorrow, possibly a run?...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on that PR, ERad. It was a great lift, and perfect technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, yeah, yeah on the PR! That is wonderful!!!

    (and you make me laugh...if only I could do a few of the things you do so well! I am like a one trick pony. :)

    ReplyDelete