Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday 10 A.M.

1. The snatch is still my nemesis
2. Never, ever go to Trader Joe's post-workout and pre-lunch

Just two of us in the 10 A.M. today, which is sort of like getting your own personal training. Plus: lots of attention. Minus: lots of attention. It's much harder to slack.

Skill:
Backsquat 3RM

53x3
73x3
98x3
113x3
128x3
138x3

My last 3RM was 135. This 138 felt comparatively easy, which was odd, since last week I couldn't even get 130 for two reps. I guess that's the noticeable difference between taking rest days and trying to power through.

WOD:
15, 10, 5
Snatch 53# (RX'd 65)
Thruster

Time: 9:29 (I think...)

We had two options for the WOD. The first had heavy cleans, heavy ball slams and sprints. I picked the second, partially because I hate the snatch so very, very much, (partially because I hate heavy ball slams even more). I figure the only way to get over my issues with the snatch is to just do them more often, but I regretted that line of thinking about 20 seconds into the WOD. I just feel so incredibly awkward and off balance every time I do one. I have to sit and think about the movement before each and every rep, which eats up so much time that even a "fast" WOD like this one takes me forever. Oh well... It's all money in the bank, I s'pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment