Friday, June 25, 2010

Thursday and Friday

Thursday: 4 mile run at 8:35/mile pace

Friday: 6 A.M.Class

Skill: Deadlift

On the minute, for 12 minutes
3 Deadlifts (85%, but I was feelin off so I went for 155#)
3 Handstand pushups (to pink squishy thing)

I used the York Powerlifting bar (which is a little thicker, even, than a men's bar). I didn't realize this when I grabbed it. Sam kept yelling at me to use the hook grip, but I really had a hard time with that fat ol bar and my wimpy grip and hands.

WOD:
Hang Power Clean 15-12-9
(RX'd 95- I started at 85, but had to drop to 75 part way thru)
Pushup 21-15-9
Time: 5:40

I wasn't a fan of this one. I can't remember the last time we did hang power cleans in a WOD and I had no recollection of how much harder they are for me than a regular power clean. I'm a big fan of momentum, and apparently I don't gots a lot of pull.

In other news, someone smashed a window on our car last night and I'm about to take the kitten into the vet for eye surgery. It's been a bit of a morning, already.

No comments:

Post a Comment