Sunday, June 20, 2010

Argh the Snatch

Sunday Open Gym:

5 x 5 Backsquat
120#

These are getting harder, as I knew they would. I'm determined to do the five lb jump each week, though. My 1RM backsquat went up exactly 2# in 4 months. Big jump, eh? That's what happens when you DON'T DO THE PROGRAMMING. Yargh. This time I'd better see results.

Inspired by Ms. Leah, I worked on my Snatch for awhile. Sam videotaped a bit, which really helped me to see my lovely stripper pull and donkey kick. We made a few corrections and things started to feel much better. Then I added weight. And flailed all over the place. Purely mental, as I was nowhere near my 1RM, but I blew it just the same. Oh well. Just keep working.

Finished off the day with a 4.75 mile run along the cliffs at an 8:38/mile pace.

Sam is roasting chicken (again, inspired by Ms. Leah) and I am on the couch, with my feet.up.

2 comments:

  1. I was so happy to see you today! I always have to work way below my 1rm on the snatch too.

    (Our chicken was great, and I am sure yours was too!) Hopefully there weren't too many dishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey hot mama.... dont tell sam i said that.....or rachel. anyway the place we got stickers from was
    www.stickergiant.com

    ReplyDelete