Thursday, June 17, 2010

Emily still does CrossFit too

Life just keeps getting in the way.

Sunday Open Gym:
5 x 5 Backsquat
115#

Worked deadhang pullups between each set.

3, 2, (switched to red band) 8, 7, 7

The 115 felt easy, but I'm sure it won't for very much longer. I think I tapped out at about 135 on the last go-round.

I did a little double-under practice again.
I haven't improved.

Monday 6 P.M. Class:

Push Press
Power Jerk
Split Jerk
45, 65, 85, 90, 95, 100

I was a little confused on what we were supposed to be doing with this one. I may or may not have been talking when I was supposed to be listening.
At any rate, I kept going until we ran out of time. In retrospect I should've made bigger jumps, at least in the beginning, as I ran out of minutes before I ran out of press.

WOD:
8 Stiff-legged deadlifts (65#)
10 ring dips (w/ thin blue band)
12 situps

I forgot to write down my time on this one.

Wednesday 5 PM Class:

Skill:
Rotational Movements
Full contact twists, cross chops, suitcase deadlifts and GHD KB Press

(I liked the GHD KB Press the best)

AMRAP in 3 minutes
5 cleans at 75% of BW (I scaled to 90#)
10 pushups
1 50 m sprint
1 min rest

3 x total

2 + pushups, 2, 2 + 2 cleans

I got the worst leg cramps while doing this WOD. The runs became these sort of stiff legged hobbles. I came pretty close to puking on the last round. I'm not sure why. Dehydration? I didn't feel toasted in an aerobic way. It was weird. The nausea lasted a good 45 minutes after class. Total bummer, dude.


And there's the weekly recap. I'm hoping to get some swimming, cycling and running in over the weekend. Here's to sunny skies and summer days.

1 comment:

  1. I would have been a little worried, but I actually SAW you this week. :) So happy to see a blog post though.

    ReplyDelete