Saturday, June 26, 2010

CrossFit Los Gatos

Drove over the hill with Sam this morning to take Billy's 10 A.M. class. I was so sore from the hang power cleans yesterday that I voiced my opinion on the way over that as long as we didn't do anything too taxing to the arms and shoulders I'd be just fine.

Note to self: in future refrain from speaking, lest I jinx myself.

Skill:
1 Clean
1 Strict Press
2 Push Press
3 Jerks

45, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85 (failed on the strict press, but finished through the jerks). The strict press was really the limiting factor on this one. My 1 RM is 85# for a strict press, so I was pretty happy to make 80# after I'd already done all the previous reps.

WOD:
5 rounds
200M run
7 Jerks (75#)
15 KB swings (35#)
Time: 13:10

The first three rounds felt great. The last two felt awful. I tried to gesture emphatically about an hour after class and had to settle for sort of waving my arms at hip level. They were THAT tired.

Burrito-less burritos at Andale's and now I'm sitting in the sun, working crosswords, and listening to baseball on the radio. I love summertime days.

No comments:

Post a Comment