I overslept by about 40 minutes this morning. It was basically just long enough to make the entire morning crazy. I was riding my bike in (and meeting a friend at 6:45 a.m.), which meant the morning consisted of a 1/2 cup of coffee, no breakfast, and an all-out sprint to Branciforte. I made it in time, but I must say, the climb up Glen Canyon Road felt a lot tougher than usual.
5:30 P.M. class and the theme of the night was OVERHEAD SQUATS.
Hahahahaha.
By the luck of the draw, my week looked like this:
Saturday: 75+ OH squats
Monday: 30 thrusters
Wednesday: 50 thrusters and ten mile bike ride.
Thursday: ten mile bike ride and 75+ OH squats.
My legsies is toast.
Skill:
OH Squat
1, 1, 1, 1, 1
with 5 weighted pullups between sets.
83, 103, 113, 123, 133
w/ 10lb weighted pullups.
133 is only 7 lbs off my PR, and today it felt easy. I'm excited to go for it next time--I think I'm finally going to bump up! More exciting--I was in Jason's class tonight, which meant I had to jerk the weight myself. (I usually ask Sam for a spot.) So while 133 isn't an OH squat PR, it's definitely a PR on the rack jerk. RAD.
WOD:
Nancy:
5 rounds
400m run
15 OH squats (65#)
Time: 16:32
I really got my arse handed to me in this WOD. I just didn't have anything left. I think on a good day, I could finish this in 14 minutes...but today just wasn't that day. Oh well, c'est la vie and all. I'll tell ya one thing--it was definitely a good workout.
Oh yeah! And I got 50 double-unders in a row tonight!
My body is beat, but it was still a pretty great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment