Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Hop Hop Hop

6 A.M. Class!

Skill:
1 x hang squat clean and jerk
1 x full squat clean and jerk

I was ~tired~ today so I took it easy on the weight and really tried to concentrate on opening my hips on that second pull. I think it'd be really helpful to video a few. I can feel when things aren't right, but I don't seem to have enough body awareness to be able to feel exactly what's wrong--if that makes any sense.

63, 83, 83, 93, 93

WOD:
5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Muscle Up (did these from my knees, progression-style)
Bear Complex (squat clean and thruster, back squat and rack thruster) at 93#
Time: 12:19

Sweet Elvis, this took me a long time. The RX'd weight for this WOD was 100#, but I was happy with my 93. I'm pretty sure this was the first time I did this sort of a WOD with 93# instead of 83#. And man, it FELT like it. Still--I'm glad I did it. (And happy to be done!) The assisted muscle-ups felt pretty good too. Now I just need to get a real one.

Excited to start planning the Hero/Girls Sunday WODs tomorrow. This is gonna be FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment