Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Is it really only Tuesday?

I rode my bike to work this morning and then back down to CrossFit tonight.

It's always a bit rough walking into class when your legs are already toast. I keep telling myself that it must be good for me, somehow. But mostly it just feels hard. I'm sure I will adjust eventually, but at this point in time the climb in the morning just does.me.in.

Anyway--class tonight! Super stoked to have one of my favorite 9 A.M. ladies in the 6 P.M. class. I miss the 9 A.M. crew!

Skill: Deadlift
1, 1, 1, 1, 1 @ 80 to 85% of your 1RM

183# for me

These were rough. I tried to concentrate on slowly lowering the weight, in a controlled movement. Hello, nurse! It's about 50 billion (no exaggeration) times harder that way.

WOD:
10, 8, 6, 4, 2
Backsquat
Burpee
Box Jump
Rest 2 minutes
Repeat with
9, 7, 5, 3, 1

Time:
1st round: 6:22
2nd round: 5: 44

Looking at these times, I am willing to concede the slight possibility that I sandbagged the first round. (Unintentionally, I swear.) I think that second round was just looming over me.

In other news, my legs are currently throbbing and I really want some Fro Yo.

Also--super excited to do the Olympic total tomorrow! I've never done one before, which means PR BY DEFAULT. Best thing ever.





4 comments:

  1. I had fro yo yesterday. I didnt know we were both lovers of fro yo!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! it works if I'm anonymous
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET. Fro Yo instead of coffee Saturday A.M.? Just a thought...Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, um I was having the exact same thought :)

    ReplyDelete