HAHAHAHAHA. I love this definition. The maneuver. Heh. So great. Well, it was unexpected, that's for sure.
What day is it?
Oh right! So-Tuesday was a rest/day bike to work day.
Wednesday 6 A.M.
Skill: OH squat new 1RM
75, 95, 115, 125, 140, 145F on the jerk x 4
THIS WAS SO FRUSTRATING. 140 is my old PR and it went down and up today like butter.But I could NOT get solid after jerking the stupid 145. I actually got the weight up twice, but then wandered/staggered around like a drunken sailor, trying to get stable enough to squat. Judging by the good-humored laughter around me, it must've looked pretty funny. Mraow. My OH squat is officially being hindered by my jerk. Next time I might just ask for a spot (though undoubtedly, I will keep working on my jerk.) The good news, I guess, is that I PR'd on the rack jerk by 12 lbs. Even if it was kinda ugly.
WOD:
400m run
15 clean and jerks (heavy) 103# for me
400m run
Time: 6:48
I really liked this WOD. It was short and hard and fast and done quickly.
After work I headed to Saratoga Gap for some mountain bike riding. Outstandingly beautiful - I can't believe I've never been there before. Enchanted woods, wide-open meadows, vista views. Just plain stunning. Unfortunately the trail was still wet from yesterdays rain and I hit a good patch of slippery rocks on one of the first descents. I was going a little too fast, it was a little too wet and the sun was in my eyes. Long story short, ENDO. I left various pieces of my DNA on multiple rocks and wish I had the whole thing on video. I think I actually bounced a time or two. Many props to Sam for patiently peeling off my muddy clothes last night, putting me in the shower and then feeding me and wrapping my various injured limbs, all without a lecture. Nice job, husband.
Bottom line: WEAR A HELMET
No comments:
Post a Comment