Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday

Open gym. Hop, hop, hop.

Backsquats 7 x 3 @ 130#
w/ 5 Chest to Bar pullups each set

--I was working on PULLING as hard as I could on these pullups. I'm.so.close. to getting a bar muscleup. I spent a lot of time hitting my rib cage and *almost* getting over the bar. Next time I'm gonna get it. I've decided.

It was my plan to only do backsquats today, but right at the end of the last set Anna asked me if I wanted to do a handstand pushup/toes to bar WOD with her. I--of course--said no. And yet somehow, 3 minutes later, I found myself in the midst of the WOD. I'm still not sure what happened.

WOD:
5 rounds
5 HSPU
10 Toes to Bar
Time: 6:30

I spent a couple hours studying with the Thack Attack, but the sun lured us away and we spent the rest of the afternoon riding skateboards and bikes on the Westside. It's hard to knock Santa Cruz on days like today.

Finally, finished off the day with 8 x 3 min rounds, alternating between the speed bag and the heavy bag.

Life is good.

1 comment: