Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Good for life

Bad for training.

I got upgraded to full time hours at work! Also--bonus--I GOT A RAISE! This will allow me to buy benefits. My excitement for this clearly shows my age. 10 years ago it wouldn't have occurred to me to be concerned about benefits. Today I'm over the moon.

Extra work hours = fewer training hours, but it's a trade-off I'll gladly make. I see more lunchtime workouts in the park, more bike rides to and from work and a return to 6 A.M. classes in my future.

In the interim--I just need to get through WOD 6.

Lunchtime workout today:
Warmup, then:

7 rounds:
7 KB swings (35#)
7 pushups
10 squats
12 double unders
Time: ~ 10 minutes

I was able to do all the sets of double unders unbroken (with no single jump in between). THIS IS PROGRESS FOR ME.

I finished the day off with a 4 sets of 5 deadhang pullups (from a metal fence). It's amazing how much more difficult it is to do a pullup on a big fatty fence post than it is to do one on a nice skinny pullup bar.

In retrospect I probably should've done something else as a finisher. I wasn't nearly tired enough at the end. But I was out of time and I wanted to save a little something for WOD 6 tomorrow. I'm hoping to make it to one of the Thursday evening classes. If not--Saturday A.M. here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment