I volunteered all day Saturday at the 2011 Santa Cruz Dirt Series camp. Best mountain bike skills camp--evah--for the record. I got to finish off the day going on one of the group rides--up the back side of UCSC--which was not only AWESOME, but was also sort of like getting a refresher course for free. Bike + mountains = love.
I went back today, just to help prepare the lunch for everyone and then I headed down to the box to get a little workout in. I'm still SO sore from Thursday. After realizing I couldn't squat, or jump, or use my abdominal muscles in any way, I opted to bench press with Sam.
I hadn't benched in so long that I really had no idea what to expect. It went so well that Sam switched quickly me from sets of 2's to singles--just to see how I would do. I didn't want to jinx myself so I asked him not to tell me how much weight was on the bar. He just kept adding a few lbs at a time until I maxed out. After the last rep, I found out I hit 118#-an 18# PR for me! Wheeeeeeeeeeee! Is there anything better than an accidental PR?
Finished off the day with a set of max HSPUs. 11 for me. Double whee!
Fantastic PR, Erad!
ReplyDelete