Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tuesday Workout in the Park

A serious case of snooze-button-itis resulted in an inability to make it to work on time through purely push-pedal methods. Sam stepped in and saved my arse, driving my grumpy butt to Scotts Valley (and even buying me coffee). What a guy.

Lunchtime workout in the park:

I drove over to Scotts Valley High and ambled my way around the track for the first time in months. The good news is the shin splints felt fine. The bad news is, I felt like a water buffalo, running on land.

WOD:
3 rounds (couldn't make it through 4)
400m run
50 air squats
Time: 10:00

Oddly, my back cramped on the air squats, in exact same area that it cramped on the KB swings last night. Diagnosis? Extremely poor KB technique.

Mraow.

Finisher:
1 mile run

Time: 8:05

Not bad, says I, for the first mile I've run in months (especially after 150 air squats).

I was tired, beat, run down, but happy. Yay sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment