Backsquat 5RM
75, 95, 115, 125, 145
I honestly think I should've maybe gone 135 and then tried 150, cause the 145 wasn't nearly difficult enough. We ran out of time, though, so 145 it is.
I'm excited for this new back squat program. Considering my dismal performance on the backsquat in general (my 1RM has gone up a whopping 15 lbs in 3 years), I think I have a decent chance to outdo myself here. Yes, I realize there's some irony involving low expectations here, but I'm much too tired to care.
Um.. WOD!
200m sandbag run
5 rounds
-10 push press (65 for me)
-10 pullups (chest to bar for me)
-10 box jumps (20")
200m sandbag run
Time: 16:00
I haven't done that many box jumps since my shin splints started. For the record, I'd just like to state that box jumps suck. I'd somehow forgotten this fact. It'd been so long since I'd done any. I was actually starting to wistfully watch others do them. They were starting to look fun again.
They're not.
Moving on!
Class tonight!
Skill: Hang power clean
2, 2, 2, 2, 2
63x2
83x2
93x2
103x2
108x2
113x1
Still struggling with the hang, but I'm pretty sure 113 is a PR for this movement for me, so that's nice.
WOD:
clean and jerk @ 93# - 10 - 8 - 6 - 4 - 2
doubleunders 30-30-30-30-30
Time: 9:57
I was hoping to do 103# for this WOD, but my arms were beat from the push presses and C2B pullups yesterday and they just would NOT comply. I think the 10 mile bike ride directly before class may have had some influence as well. Sure was a nice day for a ride, though. Flying down Glen Canyon on a warm day, in the summertime sun, wind at the back, evening wide open--it just doesn't get any better than this.
Total biking today-to and from Scotts Valley, then to and from CrossFit. 20 miles plus!
No comments:
Post a Comment