Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Legs, legs, legs

Tuesday: rest day! (8.5 mile bike ride, averaging 15mph)

Wednesday:

Lunchtime at the track
800m warmup jog
1 mile @ 7:45
rest 2 minutes
1 mile @ 8:00
800m cool down jog

Running still feels ROUGH. But I signed up for my first triathlon in September, so I do need to make sure I start getting those miles back in. It's just a sprint tri, but that'll be plenty for me. It's time to get back in the pool too, which I'm really excited to do. It's so fun to have a goal and something to work toward. I really struggle with swimming - I've never completed 400m without stopping, so this'll be great. I love how CrossFit has convinced me that I can do anything, if I just put the work in. Yeah challenge! Bring it on.

6 P.M. Class:
Skill warmup:
2 rounds
10 overhead squats w/ bar
10 toes to bar
5 ring dips
1 rope climb

then
6x1 squat clean @ 90%
123# for me

These were rough for me, though oddly, what I struggled the most with was standing up with the bar. I had no problem pulling the weight or dropping under it - which is a rarity for me. A very pleasant rarity, as it turns out.

WOD:
7 rounds
3 hang power cleans
3 front squats
rest 1 minute between rounds

I bumped up a bit in weight as I went along...
83 x 3
88 x 2
93 x 1
98 x 1

And we finished off the day with suicide prowler sprints. Thank you, Danny. My legs are officially done for.


No comments:

Post a Comment