Monday, July 18, 2011

So far behind

Have I really not posted since last Tuesday? Oops!

I can't say that a whole heck of a lot has happened, but it was a pretty good week overall for life, and a pretty dismal week overall for CrossFit. Lots of (F)s this week as I just wasn't feeling great and decided it was a week for listening to my body instead of pushing through.

Summary!
Wednesday was for muscle up practice, and I was stoked to get 5 in a row. I started working on learning the butterfly kip as well. I average about 2 to 3 before muscle memory sends me back into a gymnastics kip and the movement stops completely. Practice, practice, practice.

Thursday: Backsquats, 3RM
Warmed up and then failed on my first attempt at 160#. Up and down for two, but down only for 3. :( I dropped down to 155 for my next attempt, but only managed two of those as well. I was beat, beat, beat that day and I knew I might not do so well, but it was still good to get it done.

Saturday: CFSJ Throwdown
Team WOD:
1000m row/2000m watt bike
8000# ground to overhead
120 toes to bar
12 rope climbs

This was my first time on a watt bike. Verdict? What's the point?! I may be biased, but the airdyne'll kick your butt ten times faster than the watt. If I want to cycle, I'll get on my bike and ride. The rest of the workout was pretty fun. I've actually really started to enjoy the team competition vibe. We biffed pretty hard, mostly due to poor planning and communication, but I still had a great time.

Sunday: Open Gym
Backsquat 7x3 @ 120#
After some discussion with Sam and Leah, I've decided to ramp up the backsquat, alternating semi-weekly between the 7x3 and the 5, 3, 1 we're currently running in class. I'm pretty excited about this as I'd really like to make some overall strength gains, and I do believe this will help.

Also! More muscle up practice! Only 2 of my 8 attempts were successful, but whatever, I'll take it.

I made an attempt at Helen, but my back started cramping in the middle of round two and I decided to just pull the plug. I'm finally learning to stop when pain is involved...

Monday:
Front squat 4 x 3 @ 125#
w/ 1 rope climb each set.

These were harder than I'd expected-but I did manage to complete them all. Had a blast sharing a platform with Anna, even if it did mean I had to take 30# off the bar each set. Heh.

WOD:
Annie
50,40,30,20,10
doubleunders
sit ups
Time: 6:00 PR

53 second PR since the last time I did this WOD just a few weeks ago. Pretty danged stoked as I actually managed to get all sets of doubleunders unbroken. Didn't miss a single one!






No comments:

Post a Comment