I'm just gonna go ahead and throw that out there.
I think it was the salsa that did me in.
It was GOOD and yes, I feel sick.
Very excited that the wrist and arm are feeling much better tonight than they did this morning. Sam had me wrap everything the last two days, and I have to admit--even though I was reluctant to comply and even though I felt like a goober, it does seem to have helped. The swelling is gone and even the bruising doesn't look nearly as bad as I'd anticipated. The inner hip bruise is still a bit of a doozy - I live in constant fear of a sneeze, but given the current healing rate, I'm hoping to be back to top form within a week. SWEET.
I do think Helen is out of the question for tomorrow. I read the list of Heroes and Girls and the only thing I could find that didn't tax the arm in any way was Griff. 800M run, 400m run BACKWARDS. Repeat. I'm a little afraid of running 800m backwards. My ability to trip is pretty high, even when going forward. (Come to think of it, this recent bike crash was sort of like tripping, on a bike, at a high rate of speed...) This should be interesting.
Umm. What ELSE!?
11 A.M. CrossFit
20 people in class! Such good times.
Skill: Deadlift 5 RM (technically it was the snatch balance, but I couldn't pull that off today)
95, 125, 145, 165, 185, 195PR
I was pretty stoked on the 195. I'm gonna be SORE from it, but I think it'll be worth it. Amazing how much more difficult a 5RM is when compared with a 3RM. The first three of each set went up easily--it was the 4th and 5th reps that got me each time.
WOD:
5 rounds
1 minute airdyne
20 air squats
Time: 9:53
Finisher: 100 doubleunders
I thought Danny was going easy on me with this WOD, until I tried to do the first set of air squats. THEN I WAS COMPLETELY HUMBLED. I had to break them up into sets of 5. Air squats! That airdyne is a deceptive little monster.
In other news, Sam went to the MMA fights in Watsonville and I've been watching the entire BBC miniseries of Pride and Prejudice. Oh Mr. Darcy! SWOON.
Won't Sam be sad he missed it!
So glad you are healing well!
ReplyDeleteThere are few things better than P&P (and I was watching Cranford tonight.)
I still haven't seen Cranford! We should kick Sam out of the house and have a marathon.
ReplyDelete