Monday, January 25, 2010

Up and down Mt Olympus

Full belly, great class, new netbook, clean kitchen; it's been a good day.

The Paleo diet is going well. My energy keeps going up, up and up. I'm trying to eat vegetables with every meal, and noticing how much better I feel when I do. I'm a little obsessed with Leah's butternut squash. I'm still probably eating too much fruit, though... And I know that mangoes are on the bad-fruit list, but man those dried mangoes from Trader Joe's taste JUST LIKE CANDY. (I've put them in my gym bag so I can only eat them post-workout.)

Class tonight:

Strict Press. 2 on the minute for 10 minutes:

I did mine with 53#...maybe could've gone a smidge heavier, but my shoulders are still creaking and cracking from the months of inactivity.

Then

Up and Down Mt Olympus

AMRAP in 4 minutes:

1 Burpee, 1 Snatch -> 2 Burpees, 2 Snatches -> 3 Burpees, 3 Snatches ...

One minute rest

Then back the other way... 3 Burpees, 3 Snatches -> 2 Burpees, 2 Snatches...

5 rounds with 53#. Ladder back down finished in 3:56.

I REALLY need some work on the Snatch. It feels awkward every single time I do one.

Finisher:
1/2 tabata of weighted situps with 25#.
Total: 23

My big goal right now (other than just getting back into shape and feeling better), is to work on my flexibility. I can barely touch my toes! I'm trying to make a more pointed effort to foam roll before class and to foam roll and stretch after. I haven't seen any improvements yet, but I do seem to be less sore than I used to be after a WOD.

And on that recovery note, it is now time for a contrast shower and .... sleeeeeep.

Goodnight Moon and Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment